Orthodontics and Invisalign
Cosmetic Dentists serving Scottsdale and Phoenix AZ
At Princess Center Dentistry, we have your smile in mind and your comfort at heart.
Many of our patients come in for an orthodontic and smile assessment asking, if braces and teeth straightening is only for children.
That has to be a true statement, right?
Some also have asked if orthodontic dentistry is only for cosmetic purposes.
Want some simple and good news?
The answer to both questions is . . .
We will get to that in just a minute, first we need to cover something important.
What is Orthodontics in Dentistry?
Dentistry has many different ways if helping patients have optimal oral health, especially when it comes to the:
What sets orthodontic dentistry apart is that an orthodontist has extra dental training to specialize in three main aspects of dentistry:
- Jaw alignment: Do your top and bottom jaws align? Sometimes one part of the jaw is smaller than another which can lead to our second aspect.
- Bite correction: You may have heard of cross bite, overbite, or underbite. Each is connected to how teeth on the top and bottom do not make contact with each other.
- Teeth straightening: Straighter teeth is a goal of orthodontics. You may hear a dentist use the word occlusion when talking about how your teeth align and make contact with each other.
So yes, orthodontic dentistry is about straight teeth but it’s also about helping you with any jaw or bite difficulties.
The extra dental training that an orthodontist has means that they are your do to type of dentist for metal braces if that is what you need for your oral health needs.
So. . .
Is Orthodontic Dentistry Only Done for Cosmetic Reasons?
Alright, here is the answer to one of those questions, and it is simple.
No, Orthodontic dentistry is not only done for cosmetic reasons.
Although many patients may choose to start orthodontic treatments for personal cosmetic reasons why does not want straight teeth? Orthodontic dentistry can come with two added bonus benefits for your oral and overall health:
- Communication: Speaking and communication can become easier when your jaw and teeth are aligned.
- Eating: When you eat you need to be able to chew and bite. When teeth and your top and bottom jaw align this can be achieved with greater ease.
That being said, who is orthodontic dentistry treatment for?
Is Orthodontic Dentistry Only for Children?
Although when you think of braces you may think of a family member in elementary or middle school.
No, orthodontic dentistry is not just for children.
It is often recommended that a child get an orthodontic assessment by age seven, however, that does not put an age limit on who can be treated for orthodontic care.
Your Orthodontic Dental Needs and Princess Center Dentistry
At Princess Center Dentistry, we want to help all of our patients achieve their best smile.
We do this through modern techniques and Invisalign treatment. As well as our family, and cosmetic dentistry services.
A Hassle-Free Option for Orthodontic Dental Treatment
Would you like a straighter smile without the hassles of bracks and metal wrires that often come with braces and orthodontic dentistry?
At Princess Center Dentistry, Invisalign, sometimes called clear braces are offered by Scottsdale dentist Dr. Chris Lewandowski because it enables patients a subtle, discreet way to a straighter smile.
Don’t think Invisalign will be able to meet your orthodontic dental needs?
Approximately 9 out of 10 patients considering Invisalign are able to participate in the treatment process.
Call today to set up an orthodontic assessment appointment to see if Invisalign is a good fit for you.
5 Ways Invisalign has Revolutionized Orthodontic Treatment
Still unsure if you fit the criteria for Invisalign?
Did you know that Invisalign has revolutionized orthodontic treatment as we know it today.
Outside of helping with straightening teeth, there are also five ways and oral health conditions that can be corrected using invisalign:
- Minor overbite or overbite issues
Braces VS Invisalign: 6 Benefits of Invisalign
When compared to metal braces, invisalign has six main benefits:
- Clear: Virtually invisible, most people won’t even know you’re wearing them.
- Comfortable:The aligners are designed of smooth plastic materials that are gentle on your mouth.
- Removable:You can remove them at any time to eat, brush, or floss.
- Fast:The treatment period is generally shorter compared to traditional braces. We will monitor your progress approximately every six weeks.
- Convenient: Can be worn anytime, anywhere!
- Affordable:It is often less expensive compared to traditional orthodontic treatment.
Speaking of affordability . . .
Invisalign And Costs
When it comes to finances and Invisalign many of our patients at Princess Center Dentistry have many common questions.
Here are FAQ for Costs:
- Do you accept dental insurance for Invisalign treatments?
We do accept insurance for our dental services. It is important to note that not all dental insurance providers or plans cover cosmetic treatments like Invisalign.
- How can I finance Invisalign treatments?
There are many ways to finance Invisalign treatments!c You can use a 3rd-party finance company like CareCredit, or use one of the many payment options including Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
- What can I expect Invisalign treatment to cost in Scottsdale?
There are many factors that can impact the coast of Invisalign treatment in Scottsdale. To help you gain for insight on costs, check out our guide.
At Princess Center Dentistry, we believe everyone should have access to affordable orthodontic and cosmetic dental care. We genuinely recommend Invisalign to our interested patients.
What are Our Hours?
At Princess Center Dentistry, our hours are set to meet your needs no matter if you need an appointment before or after work or something in between. We even have hours on the weekend to meet your family’s need for flexibility. Check out our hours in Scottsdale, Arizona:
Monday: 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Tuesday: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Wednesday: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Thursday: 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM