Dental Implant Emergency
Emergency dental services in Scottsdale, North Scottsdale, and Phoenix AZ
Wondering what to do with an dental implant emergency? At Princess Center Dentistry, we’ve treated thousands of patients with dental emergencies. Dr. Lewandowski will not only help you resolve the pain and discomfort of a dental emergency, but will also follow up with you afterward to assure the best results.
We’ve created this guide to help you understand what precautions to take to assure safe and expedient treatment when you arrive at our office.
Call us today for your dental emergency.
Dental emergencies with a dental implant can after a dental implant surgery, or further down the road months or years after you have had the implant.
There are two main dental implant issues that can come up right after the surgery:
1. Swelling: It is important to note that after dental implant surgery,it is normal to have some swelling. This is particularly true the first 48 hours after surgery. There are three symptoms you should look out for when it comes to swelling and dentla implants after surgery:
- Difficulty breathing
- A fever
- A band and foul taste in your mouth
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, call your dentist immediately to make an emergency dental appointment. When on the phone with them, you may be told to go to the ER depending on the severity of your difficulty breathing. Managing and helping breathing challenges is a first priority.
2. Bleeding: If after surgery, you experience bleeding use a piece of gauze and pressure to stop the bleeding.
Check the clock, when the bleeding starts, if 15 minutes passes, and the bleeding has not stopped, call your dentist to make an emergency dental appointment.
Be sure to communicate to the dentist office how long you have been bleeding.
You may be told to go to the ER if the dentist does not have an immediate opening, and you will need to see your dentist at the next available appointment that they have after you go to the ER.
There are two main dental implant issues that can come up down the road with dental implants :
- Lost implats: If you find yourself looking around for a lost implant. Do not worry! A cosmetic dentist can help you out. This type of dental implant emergency is considered non-urgent because it should not cause you any pain. Call your dentist to make a non-urgent emergency dental appointment so that you can be seen within 24-48 hours.
- Loose or broken bridges: If you have a loose or broken bridge it is also considered non-urgent because it should not cause you any pain. Call your dentist to make a non-urgent emergency dental appointment so that you can be seen within 24-48 hours.
What should you do while you wait for your emergency dental visits to fix a loose or broken bridge?
If a bridge can be removed with ease: Remove it.
If a bridge cannot be removed with ease: Use cotton balls or chewing gum to cover sharp edges to protect your gums before your scheduled emergency dental visit.
Emergency dentistry is covers a wide variety of treatments for various emergency conditions. These may include any of the following.